Who we are – Bulk Bargains Pty Ltd
Bulk Bargains Pty Ltd ACN 609 377 406 is a unique Aussie company which aims to provide the best bargains on Groceries, Utilities, Telco etc.
Our Contact Details
Phone: +61 02 90998044
Web site: www.bulkbargain.com.au
What this document is about?
You can contact us (see below for details) with any queries or concerns about privacy. You may also be able to raise your concerns with an external body.
Who do we collect personal information from?
We may collect personal information about individuals including:
- our customers;
- people who contact us to enquire about our services;
- applicants for employment; and
- other individuals who come into contact with us in the ordinary course of business.
- personal equity
What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you include:
- personal details like name, date of birth, gender, and occupation
- contact details like physical, postal, work and email addresses and phone numbers
- financial details like credit card numbers and your billing and payment history with us
- service-related details like your user name, encrypted password and service usage history, support incidents, enquiries and complaints enquiries and complaints; and
- information which you have included in forms you fill out (online, email or on paper).
- other details relating to special situations.
- We also collect personal information about your interactions with us, whether by telephone, email or online.
We keep a historical record of all of these items of information, including changes to your information from time to time.
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to support our functions and activities. If we cannot collect the information we need about you, we may not be able to supply the products or service you want.
We may also collect your health information and affiliations to help us determine whether you may be eligible for:
- health insurance services and products;
- participation in our financial hardship program;
- special discounts;
- other services.
We will check that you have consented prior to collecting, using or disclosing your health information, affiliations or other sensitive information, unless the collection of the information is required or authorized by law.
How We Collect Personal Information?
We will collect personal information about you directly from you. This includes when you contact us by phone, email or online, or apply for services on our website.
In other cases, we may collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, like phone books;
- builders and real estate agents who may provide details of new occupants and tenants who are using gas and/or electricity;– Health insurers and brokers;
- other companies in our group that you may have dealt with;
- third parties like our business partners;
- your authorised representatives;
- information brokers;
- fraud checking agencies;
- our affiliates, resellers, contractors and other representatives that you may deal with;
- our websites and how you use them;
- various parties listed under Disclosing personal information below.
- by way of personal contact such as business activities and events;
- phone surveys;
We may also be required to collect personal information to enable us to comply with the law.
Please note our websites do not provide systems for secure transmission across the internet, except where indicated. We may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) and operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises for purposes including security, record-keeping and training.
Why we collect and hold personal information?
We collect and hold personal information because we may need:
- to use it to operate our business;
- to provide it to other parties in connection with our business.;
- to identify, create and provide products, services and benefits some of which may be provided by Bulk Bargain or in conjunction with third parties;
- to identify whether you may be interested in receiving products, services and benefits from Bulk Bargain which may or may not be related to the products and services you may already have obtained from us;
- to maintain service records.
What if I do not wish to provide personal information?
You can choose not to provide us with personal information, unless this is required by law. You can choose not to identify yourself when dealing with us. You can also identify yourself under a pseudonym.
However, if personal information is not provided or you do not identify yourself, we may not be able to supply the products or service you want.
How we use personal information?
We may use personal information:
- to verify your identity and personal information
- for credit checks to prevent fraud
- to supply services and products to you
- to give you information about us and our products, and product offers
- to refer you to our business partners in relation to services we may provide you for direct marketing (see below)
- to improve our services, products, our marketing and our website
- to answer your enquiries
- to give you customer support and service
- to understand your needs and respond to them better
- to manage and plan our products and business
- to charge and bill you for the services and products you use
- to collect payment from you or make payment to you
- to monitor, manage, test and improve our website, processes and facilities
- to comply with laws or contractual obligations that apply to us
- for other purposes related to the operation of our business (including in connection with acquisitions or reorganisations of our business).
Who do we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose personal information as reasonably required:
- our contractors and suppliers who supply or support us in:
- market research,
- sales and marketing
- direct marketing – see Direct marketing for details
- identity and fraud checking
- credit management
- service provision
- installation, maintenance and repairs
- helpdesk and enquiries
- support and complaint management
- communications and mailing
- billing, debt recovery and credit management
- service and product design and maintenance
- corporate strategy
- legal and regulatory advice and compliance
- accounting and financial planning
- risk management
- otherwise providing goods and services that we use to operate our business and provide products and support to you
- to your authorised representatives
- if you ask us to do so
- to our agents, resellers, affiliates
- to our business partners and wholesale suppliers
- to organisations that provide credit or finance to us
- to persons who invest in or acquire all or part of our business or company, or are considering doing so.
- insurers, lawyers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities (including the Australian Tax Office) as required or authorised by law or in accordance with their reasonable information requests insurance investigators
Some of these parties may be based overseas, as well as in Australia.
- Third parties may not always comply with those obligations;
- those obligations may differ from Australian privacy laws.
Where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy, however, we will not be accountable for such third parties under the Privacy Act and you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
We may use and disclose personal information to direct market to you products or services offered by us (including members of Bulk Bargain), our agents, resellers, affiliates, and members of our corporate group, and our business partners, where we think the offers will be of interest to you.
The products and services we may market to you directly may or may not be related to the products and services you may already have obtained from us.
- telephone calls;
- electronic messaging
- social media
- Mobile apps
- targeted web content
- other direct marketing channels.
We may contact you for direct marketing purposes even if you are no longer our customer.
If you do not wish us to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers, or if you have subscribed to any of our newsletters or subscriptions and no longer wish to receive such communications, please call email email@example.com
Generally, we have an unsubscribe option attached to direct email marketing which you can use if you no longer wish to receive direct email marketing.
What if I do not want my personal information to be used or disclosed?
If you do not want your personal information to be used or disclosed, we will endeavor to accommodate your request, provided the disclosure is not required by law.
However, if your personal information is not used or disclosed, we may not be able to supply the products or service you want.
We take reasonable steps to keep all personal information secure and to protect that personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We hold personal information in hard and / or soft copies in our secure Australian facility. We take reasonable steps to keep it secure and to protect it from unauthorized access, use or alteration. Where information is gathered overseas, this is transferred to our secure Australian facility via secure encrypted mediums.
If we determine that personal information is no longer needed for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
When using our website and other online services (such as mobile apps, email and social media profiles) you should be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we endeavor to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information transmitted over the internet. Any information transmitted to us over the internet is done so at the risk of the person or organization transmitting the information.
Our online services may use ‘cookies’. A cookie is a piece of information that allows us to identify and interact with your device. The cookie helps us to record your details and preferences. You can configure your web browser software to disable cookies. However, if you do, aspects of our websites may not have full functionality.
Our online services may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Changes in your personal information
We understand your personal information may change frequently.
You can help us ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of any changes to your personal information.
Bulk Bargain is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’) set out in that Act. The APPs establish minimum standards for the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. They apply to personal information in any form, including electronic and digital form. The APPs can be accessed at the website of the office of the Australian Information Com- missioner: www.privacy.gov.au.
Bulk Bargain is also subject to other laws relating to the protection of personal information. Bulk Bargain’s direct marketing activities must also comply with the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Spam Act 2010 (Cth).
- Bulk Bargain’s staffs leasing operations are based in Manila, Philippines. Personal information about prospective, current and past customers is accessed by our Manila based staff for the purpose of sales and marketing, customer service, correspondence, provisioning, fault management and technical support activities.
- Database and webhosting services provided to Bulk Bargain involve personal information being transferred to IT service providers based in India, Philippines, Singapore, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America.
Access and Corrections
We endeavor to keep personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to access, review or request corrections to your personal information held by us, or complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you may do so at any time by contacting us on the details below during normal business hours (9.00am to 5.00pm AEST, Monday to Friday).
Please note that we may refuse to provide any person with access to information where we are permitted or required by law to withhold that information.
There is no charge for making a request but a reasonable administrative charge, on a cost recovery basis, may be payable before we agree to provide access.
If you wish to complain about a breach of our policies or the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us using the details below.
- acknowledge your complaint within a reasonable time
- give you an estimated first response time
- allocate your complaint to a suitably senior staff member
- process and respond to your complaint as soon as we reasonably can.
If your privacy concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.